James 3:16-18 (NLT)
17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.18 And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.
This passage comes after James has talked about what real faith is and taming the tongue. Oh how these passages convict me. I think I have to repent every time I read them. I am with Paul where he talks about wanting to do what is right in his heart but not always doing the right thing. I start the day reading the Bible and seeing how I am to live and act and I think (to myself), yes that’s what I will do today. In reality as the day goes by sometimes I do what I have read and sometimes I don’t. I (we) constantly strive to be the person God created us to be but only through His grace and mercy does this happen.
So here are my goals for today:
- Don’t be jealous and allow myself to have selfish ambition.
- To pray for Gods pure wisdom.
- To be peace loving, gentle at all times.
- To be willing to yield to others.
- To operate in mercy and good deeds.
- Show no favoritism and always be sincere.
- To plant seeds of peace so that I reap a harvest of righteousness.
… AND my PRAYER for today is: Lord help me to walk in your wisdom and to act like JESUS today.